Structural Coating FAQs
Industrial Floor Coating FAQs
:: Structural Coating FAQs
A Structural Coating FAQs
1. What is a coating?
2. Why does a metal structural need any protection?
3. What is corrosion?
4. What is so special about a zinc-rich primer?
5. What is (KemOxy) Epoxy Paint?
6. Why use epoxy coatings?
7. What components are in epoxy?
8. How long will KemOxy Epoxy Paint last?
9. What is cure time for KemOxy?
10. When can I apply subsequent coats of KemOxy?
11. What is the mixing process for combining Part A with Part B?
12. Are there minimum and maximum temperature requirements for KemOxy?
13. What type of surface preparation is required before I start painting?
14. Why is a 30-40 minute "induction" or waiting period recommended after mixing KemOxy components A & B, but before applying?
15. What is a polyurethane (PU) coating?
16. How do polyurethane coatings cure to form a solid?
17. What is a V.O.C.?
18. Is special safety equipment necessary to apply a coating?
19. What does 100% solids mean, and why is this important in a coating?
20. What are the advantages of polyurethane coatings over epoxy coatings?
21. I see the term "Volume Solids" in most specifications. What does it mean, and why is it so important?
22. What makes a better paint? Do more expensive paints contain more durable pigments and resins?
23. What basic ingredient gives paint its hiding power?
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © Chembond Chemicals Limited, 2008. All Rights Reserved.